Monday, November 8, 2010

Marker Study

Well lets get to business.

Here are some drawings I did back in June with Primacolor. I drew most of them with no pencil base.. just straight Prismacolor.. had no idea what I was doing. Suffice to say I didn't touch the markers for a while after that. I thought these came out decent at the time.. but looking back... yeah, these are pretty bad.



Fast forward to this month and I picked up the markers again, only this time I switch to Copic markers. I do have to  say, I like the tints/tone with Copic better. Also... they sort of blend better too.. anyways I got the warm gray colors since my Prisma markers were already cool grays.

I think these turned out well.. well maybe not the first few.. lol. I tried to focus on the faces a lot more this time, because I think it's the one part that makes or breaks a drawing.

Old--->New

Still learning how to blend the markers.. I think they look better now. I got bored and played with my Shepard towards the end there. So yeah, I'll probably do more Copic drawings from here on.

2 comments:

  1. I much like the newer one better. :3 You've grown a lot. I hate trying to work with markers so kudos to you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hika! Markers are hard to get use too, but once you understand the flow, it's actually kinda fun. =)

    ReplyDelete